Monday, November 15, 2010

Have a seat!

I really like to share my opinions. A lot of the time, Steve just gives me a smile and a nod and does what he wants anyway. He showed me a chair and said he was going to paint it silver and distress it. I said I thought it would look great in a blue. He smiled and nodded.

And did this!






I love it when he listens to me!!! Well, it was a good idea as you can see. He lovingly painted this chair a great pearlized blue shade. You can't quite see in the photos, but it has a really beautiful sheen. And the distressing is so elegant! I know that sounds a little crazy to say distressing is elegant, but it really is. I especially love the oversized graphic print in Black and White. It's a great modern juxtaposition to the classic lines of the chair. He also added the wooden flourishes to the chair to give it a little more classic flavor. 

This chair would look so great in a bedroom or living room area. Or maybe by a hutch in the entry way where you would change out of your snowboots...you know, if you lived in a snowy area. 

Anyway, it's listed in our new Etsy shop! It's only been opened an hour, and we were already featured in someone's treasury and have had inquiries about one of our pieces. That's a good sign!!

No comments:

Post a Comment