Friday, November 12, 2010

Let's get PERSONAL!

Steve has been working with his sister, the lovely and talented Sheree Flick  (who, incidentally, is the amazing photographer behind our lovely photos on this here blog) to decorate her new house. Aside from the really cool nightstands he did for her (to be showcased when I have a photo of them in action....Sheree...are you out there?), he did some cool, personalized wall art for her!

Sheree and her charming husband, Lee, just celebrated the arrival of their firstborn, an absolutely adorable little guy named William. Which makes for 3 in the family!

First, using a graphic design program, Steve came up with a great graphic for the Flick family.



This, for example.

He then transferred the image on to 2 "canvasses" which were some type of pallet or crate in a former life, using various artistic paint techniques. The outcome was a very personal yet stunning piece of art. A perfect housewarming gift for the little family in their new home.


Unique, personal, shabby elegance!

What a great piece of art, yes?

And, as a bonus, I thought I'd showcase some fun with color Steve likes to have. This is our living room - the colors are primarily browns, khaki's and red, but then he adds these bright pops of color - like teal or purple. 

He has this old traveling chest that he's painted a fabulous shade that we'll call "distressed purple." He then found these fun candlesticks and painted them teal - bright teal! The end result is a fun and unexpected pop of color. 


Is it a coffee table or a treasure? It's BOTH


Unexpected and surprising yet cohesive. 

Finally, I'm so excited because today we took a trip to HOME FABRICS and found some great fabric for our dining room chairs. I told Steve that I wanted to have the dining room done by Thanksgiving so we can have our Thanksgiving dinner there.  So we have just less than 2 weeks to get the chairs finished. I'm looking forward to taking you on a guided tour of the dining room...lot's of fun goodies to see!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my sign SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I will get you the pictures of the nightstands, I promise!!! I still have to put the knobs on.

    ReplyDelete