Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why I LOVE mornings....well, at least once and a while.

So, Steve works at night. He's a night owl. Always has been - ask his mom. Drove her crazy because she's a sensible, early to bed early to rise kinda woman.

It's not that he means to stay up all night, it's just that he can't stop before a project is done...unless is something really huge, but even then...

Needless to say, when I woke up this morning at 7:30 to take the kids to school, he was happy to do it for me - considering he was still up.

But, the reason why is SO AMAZING - I can't stand it.

He brought this home from a yard sale expedition on Saturday. Morning. ;-)


Ok, wow...it's seen better days, but ya know, I can see potential in things.

Then I kissed him goodnight last night and went to sleep. It would seem that he kept really busy, because at the time he was working on a chair (which I will happily show you when we find the proper fabric to re-upholster the seat).

It's like the fairy godmother came! At some point, it looked like this.


I wonder if it was worrying that it would just be painted a darker brown, never to shine in the light.

But, by dawn, a true transformation had taken place. I about tripped over myself when I noticed this in my entry way (after walking by it 3 times, to pre-occupied with the task at hand to notice a sizable addition to the entry way.)


Isn't it just perfection! I love it SOOO MUCH! 

Teal is one of my favorite colors, it truly is. And I LOVE the extreme but artfully distressed look. Before, it just looked old and tired, probably headed for the curb. But with a little love (and at least 4 layers of paint/treatments he told me) it's a MASTERPIECE!!! Look - see more!!!





Seriously, what a lovely morning surprise. I'm sad I had to wait until now to blog about it. Busy day and all.

Anyway...I hope you like it as much as I do. Teal not your thing? Keep tuned in...we have LOTS of fun stuff on it's way...

As always, if you are interested in something you see on this blog or have a special request, please contact us at thetreasurejunkie@gmail.com.

2 comments: